Select Region & Country

Austria

German

Greece

Greek

Romania

Romanian

Belarus

Russian

Hungary

Hungarian

Russia

Russian

Belgium

Dutch

French

Ireland

English

Serbia

Serbian

Italy

Italian

Slovakia

Slovakian

Croatia

Croatian

Latvia

Latvian

Slovenia

Slovenian

Czech Republic

Czech

Lithuania

Lithuanian

Spain

Spanish

Denmark

Danish

Luxembourg

French

Sweden

Swedish

Estonia

Estonian

Netherlands

Dutch

Finland

Finnish

Norway

Norwegian

Turkey

Turkish

France

French

Poland

Polish

United Kingdom

English

Germany

German

Portugal

Portuguese

Argentina

Spanish

Costa Rica

Spanish

Mexico

Spanish

Aruba

Spanish

Dominican Republic

Spanish

Panama

Spanish

Bolivia

Spanish

Ecuador

Spanish

Puerto Rico

Spanish

Brazil

Portuguese

El Salvador

Spanish

United States of America

English

Guatemala

Spanish

Uruguay

Spanish

Chile

Spanish

Honduras

Spanish

Peru

Spanish

Colombia

Spanish

Kuwait

English

Qatar

English

Lebanon

English

Saudi Arabia

English

Bahrain

English

Madagascar

English

French

Botswana

English

French

South Africa

English

Cameroon

English

French

Mauritius

English

French

Tanzania

English

French

Côte d'Ivoire

English

French

United Arab Emirates

English

Israel

Hebrew

Oman

English

Jordan

English

Pakistan

English

Zimbabwe

English

French

Palestine

English

Australia

English

Kazakhstan

Russian

Singapore

English

Bangladesh

English

Malaysia

English

South Korea

Korean

Sri Lanka

English

India

English

Myanmar

English

Taiwan (Chinese Taipei)

Chinese - Traditional

Indonesia

English

New Zealand

English

Thailand

English

Japan

Japanese

Philippines

English

Vietnam

English

Kent

The present instrumentation business had its beginnings in Hatton Garden, London when Robert W. Paul started his company in 1891. Within six years, expansion brought about a move to Muswell Hill, North London where the company remained until 1975 when the decision to find a new site was made and the current St. Neots site in Cambridgeshire was selected. In 1920 Paul's business amalgamated with the Cambridge Scientific Instrument Co. taking the name of Cambridge and Paul. The name was again changed in 1924 to Cambridge Instrument Co. Ltd.

In 1937 the original production area was enlarged and again, in 1951, more space was acquired at Friern Park, Finchley, North London for further expansion. The year 1968 saw the Cambridge Instrumentation Co. joining forces with the George Kent Group of Luton, forming the largest independent British manufacturer of industrial instruments. After reorganization, the industrial division was separated from those involved in scientific and medical products and at the same time the Foster Instrument Co. of Letchworth, Herts. was amalgamated with Cambridge Instruments to create Foster Cambridge Ltd.

The George Kent Group combined with BBC Brown Boveri & Co. Ltd., the international electrical engineering organization in late 1974. By December 1975, all personnel had transferred from London to St. Neots, at the same time production of all Fielden Electronics products was moved to the St. Neots site. In 1976 Metrawatt, a Brown Boveri company, was also moved to the St. Neots factory. Kent Industrial Measurements Limited and Kent Process Control were formed from the creation of Brown Boveri Kent Ltd in July 1979. A 1988 merger between BBC and the Swedish organization ASEA resulted in the formation of ABB (ASEA Brown Boveri), bringing Kent into the ABB fold.