Global Trainee Program for Human Resources
Become a leader in talent attraction and development - We are proud of our world-class reputation in many of the core HR areas ranging from talent attraction, leadership development, to business HR partnering. We are committed to continuous improvement and our two-year Global Trainee Program focuses on fast tracking high performing and well-rounded HR professionals.
You will build an understanding of both the organization, and how each of the HR pillars work together to support the wider business in achieving its goals.
As you work through your assignments, you will develop your skills and competencies in the following areas, putting them into practice with support from your managers and colleagues:
- HR Business Partner
- Centers of Expertise
- HR Global Business Services
- Personal development
In your rotation as an HRBP you will work closely with the business managers as a core member of the Business Management Team and be accountable for the overall HR contribution and value-added to the business.
You will learn how to:
- Translate business goals into HR priorities
- Operate as a “capture team leader” engaging CoEs, GBS and other HRBP colleagues
- Align business needs and HR solutions
- Utilize the best available tools to analyze HR data and provide insights
While working within a CoE pillar, you will support a team that deliver high expertise service in one of the following areas: talent, learning, global mobility, compensation & benefits, labor relations and HR reporting & analytics.
You will have the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge within a well-defined portfolio of HR products and solutions.
When you work in the GBS organization that delivers efficient transactional activities within Talent, Learning, Comp & Ben, Global Mobility, Payroll, Travel, People Analytics, employment life cycle, you will learn how to best set up, deliver and monitor best in class transactional services.
- Innovation and creativity
- International and virtual teamwork
- Intercultural sensitivity
- Leadership and management skills
- Presentation and communication skills
After successful completion of the program, you will typically be offered a permanent position in one of our business units.
Application and selection process
1. Search and apply online here.
2. Participate in a phone or video interview
3. Complete an online English test
4. Join a one day session at ABB's Assessment Center, participating in case study discussions
5. Participate in a final interview with a business leader and GTP program manager
If there are no positions currently advertised in your chosen Global Trainee Program area of interest, create a job alert to be notified of new opportunities as they arise.
Explore the other Global Trainee Programs