Subject: ABB Investor Relations Event Privacy Notice
Dear Madam or Sir,
ABB is fully committed to protecting your privacy and respecting your rights to control how your personal data is used. In this context, we wish to inform you about how we protect your personal data in connection with the event you participate. This message contains a summary of our privacy notice which applies to ABB Ltd, and all its subsidiary companies.
The ABB company that is communicating with you is responsible for your information and controls how it is used, in accordance with this Privacy Notice. In the context of the event, we collect and process certain information about you in order to allow us to register your attendance, provide you with information and services associated with the event, facilitate the event and make travel arrangements, conduct surveys, and produce publications. During the event media assets like photographs and videos might be taken for publicity purposes to share event impressions and success with our community and partners. Such media assets will not focus on the person but rather on the event itself.
The Privacy Notice contains more detail on which information we may collect from you, for which purposes and on the basis of what legal ground, such as consent and our legitimate interest for event management and interaction. Furthermore, our Privacy Notice sets out with whom we may share your data, and whether this includes any transfer of your data outside your country of residence (especially where this is outside the European Union, EU and European Economic Area, EEA) and which safeguards ABB has taken in order to adequately protect your data in case of such international transfer. You will also find more information in the Event Privacy Notice about how long we keep your data.
Lastly, our Privacy Notice describes the various data protection rights that you have and how you can exercise these rights with regard to any information we process from you, such as the right to access or receive a copy of your information or to request deletion or correction of your information.
For more details about how we process your personal data and on your data privacy rights, please read our full Privacy Notice further below.
We thank you for your continued trust in ABB.
Your ABB Investor Relations team
ABB Privacy Notice
This Investor Relations Event Privacy Notice ("Notice") applies to the ABB Group of companies, which means ABB Ltd, Switzerland and each entity in which ABB Ltd, Switzerland, directly or indirectly, has a majority holding or owns or controls the majority of voting rights. The ABB company that is communicating with you (referred to as "ABB" or "we"), is responsible for the processing of your personal data and controls how it is used, in accordance with this Notice.
At ABB, respecting your data privacy rights is a top priority. This notice explains why and how we collect personal data about you, how we process such data, and what rights you have regarding your personal data.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data
ABB Ltd and its subsidiary companies are responsible for your personal data. For applicable data protection law, the primary controller of your data will be the ABB subsidiary company which is providing services or communicating to you. Other subsidiary companies of ABB may also receive and process your personal data, either in the capacity of controller or processor and this Notice applies equally to them.
The types of information we collect and use
We collect and use personal data that concerns you in connection with the event. We may collect the following categories of personal data:
- The contact information you share with us to register and communicate in the course of the event, such as: first and last name (including what name you indicate to appear on your event name tag), birth date, business email address, business mobile phone number, your assistant name and email address (if applicable).
- Additional information you provide to us for accommodation arrangements and invoicing, such as: business address, passport number, nationality, place of birth, emergency contact name and number, credit card number.
- Media assets like photographs, videos and recordings in the course of the event, such assets will never focus on you directly, but rather to showcase impressions of the event itself.
The below mentioned types of personal data are only collected and processed, if at all, in accordance with applicable local laws in your country of residence and justified on a legal basis:
- Special categories of personal data, such as the information about your food preferences and allergies you share with us in the course of the event (e.g. dietary requirements).
Why we use your personal data
We may use your personal data as described above for the following purposes:
- register your attendance to events and forums;
- provide you with information and services associated with the event;
- provide a personal event experience; (e.g. dietary requirements to organize catering);
- make travel arrangements and reserve hotel accommodations where requested;
- conduct and facilitate event satisfaction surveys;
- create media assets (photographs, videos and recordings) and store those assets in our brand data base;
- produce content for articles and publications about the event; and
- taken at the event on ABB channels, third party channels and social media channels.
We collect only the personal data from you that we need for the purposes described above. For statistical purposes, improvement of our services and testing of our IT systems we use as much as reasonably possible anonymized data. This means that these data can no longer (in)directly identify you or single you out as an individual.
The legal basis we rely on
We use your personal data for the purposes described in this notice based on one of the following legal bases, as applicable:
- We will request your consent for the activities described in this privacy notice, for example to collect any information about dietary requirements as these types of data are classified as special categories of personal data; and
- We will rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data within the scope of the employment or business relationship we have with you. Our legitimate interests to collect and use the personal data for this purpose are event management and interaction (e.g. registration, organizing accommodation, etc.).
You may obtain a copy of our assessment of why we may process your personal data for these interests by submitting a request at www.abb.com/privacy.
Parties we share your personal data with (in and outside the EU and EEA or outside the country where the ABB company that controls your data is located)
We only share your personal data with other ABB affiliates or third parties as necessary for the purposes described in the table below. Where we share your personal data with an affiliate or third party so that it is transferred to or becomes accessible from outside the European Union (“EU”) and the European Economic Area ("EEA") or outside the country where the ABB company that controls your data is located, we always put adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data. Examples of these safeguards are an adequacy decision of the European Commission (read more here), Standard Contractual Clauses (read more here), Privacy Shield certification (read more here), and the Binding Corporate Rules that some of our services providers have adopted (read more here). We have taken additional measures for the transfer of data from within to outside the EU, EEA and outside the country where the ABB company that controls your data is located to protect your personal data. If you would like an overview of the safeguards which are in place, please submit a request at www.abb.com/privacy.